Most people remember being asked to read a vision chart at the end of a murky corridor as part of the school health screening. Results were often wrong and the feedback to parents was usually a scrap of paper. We have brought health screening in schools into the 21st century with a radical new system which combines best practice and technology to provide a sensitive, specific and highly cost-effective solution.
For more information visit http://schoolscreener.com/
Call our helpline: 02035880775
How does it work?
The role of the school nurse
- A screening app is loaded onto a laptop (table version to follow)
- The school nurse or screener is assigned a number of schools
- The app automatically downloads the names of the children to be screened in these schools from a central server
- The child views a variety of vision tests on the laptop screen
- Hearing and height/weight results can also be recorded
- The results are automatically uploaded back to the server
- That’s it!
What we do
- We then analyse each set of results
- Each record is reviewed by an optometrist or orthoptist
- We print customised letters for the parent of each child
- We check that each child with a vision of hearing problem receives a secondary examination
- We follow up those who do not attend
- We audit the entire process and provide teams and Schools with regular reports
- If you are an optometrist, orthoptist, doctor or audiologists and a child has been referred to see you, we need your help!
- We need you to feedback the results of your examination to confirm that the child has been examined and the outcome.
- Only by knowing this can we complete the audit trail for each child
- If you have not done this before, click on Clinician Sign Up below. It will only take a minute or so and we do need to know who you are before we go any further.
- Then click on the Clinician Login button below and follow the instructions
If you are a screener, you may log in by clicking on the Screener Login button below.Screener Login
If you are a Team Administrator, you may log in by clicking on the Team Administrator Login button below.Team Administrator Login
If you are an administrator, you may log in by clicking on the Admin Login button below.Admin Login